Monday, September 15, 2008

First Real Day of School

So today, E starts her first full week of school. Last week, she was on staggered entry (just Tues and Thurs) with only half the class (the other half went Mon and Wed). Well today, she had her full class (all 19 children) and it turns out that one of her preschool buddies is in her class. I can't think of any better way for her to transition to this new routine than to do so with someone she already knows.


I attended a parent teacher meeting this morning that turned out to be a PTA recruitment session. I didn't think I would have the time to join something like that, but I have since spoken to a friend, who is also a busy working mom, and she is doing something like this for her kids school. Maybe I will be able to get involved, we'll see. I am glad I skipped out on the session though, since it gave me an opportunity to "spy" on E's class.


I initially checked at the office to see if I could drop off a snack for E since she didn't finish her brekkie this morning and I only put a baby queso in her backpack. When I got to E's classroom, I could hear Miss Z. "teaching" the kids about apples: how they grow, when they are ready, the different types, etc. She even mentioned that they would be washing the apples she had brought in and eating them at snack time. 'Perfect', I thought, 'E will get an extra little snack and I don't need to interrupt the class'.

No comments: