Monday, December 1, 2008

The renos...

It almost sounds like a horror movie..."The Renos, coming soon to a theatre near you"..."just when you thought it was safe to plan a move-in date..." But really, it isn't all that bad.

I was pretty stressed out at the beginning because of the nature of renovating. Starting one job reveals another job and has a bit of a balloon effect. Well, the main bath is pretty well done. The accoutrements (towel rack, toilet paper holder, etc) still need to be installed, but I can do that. The problem pipe in the basement was dug up and replaced and now L is starting on the basement bathroom.

Yesterday evening, Dad, E and I went to Rona and picked up a corner shower stall. The rest of the bathroom fixtures will come from what was taken out of the main bath since all new stuff went in to renovating the main bath. The toilet and sink are only 8 years old so they still look very good so they will be perfect for the basement bathroom.

Yesterday afternoon, we all went to Ikea and I picked up a really cute wardrobe for E that was on sale. We will need to pick up most things brand new for the 2 bedrooms upstairs since the curved staircase makes it difficult to bring up bulky items. Ikea is great for that since everything is in skinny boxes. I have already decided that I will get myself the Malm bed and dressers.

It looks like we will have a mid-January move in date. L will finish the bathroom in the basement and then remove the rest of the walls in the living and dining room in preparation for new insulation. The inside walls are about to become bigger so I will end up with smaller rooms, but I am totally okay with that since it means that my heating bills will be smaller too.

Ok, so enough about the renos for this post.

The rest of our weekend was pretty good. We had a nice visit/supper with Uncle J on Friday night. E and I both had our Spanish class on Saturday morning. We cleaned E's room on Saturday afternoon. But it was mostly fun for her since we went through all of her puzzles to see which ones were complete and which ones were missing pieces. Amazingly, only 2 puzzles out of about 20 are missing pieces. One puzzle is missing 1 piece and the other is missing 3. Sunday was mostly spent running errands but was still good since we accomplished quite a bit.

No comments: