Saturday, May 23, 2009

what a day!!

So, last night, I stayed up until 2am adding the final touches to my Spanish project. This morning, I was the first to present. I hadn't even finished my coffee when class started and the teacher had us draw numbers to see who would go first. Everyone did such a great job on the posters. I took pictures of all the posters except B, D and R's who were not ready and will be presented next week. Their projects represent Peru, Chile and B has picked a country that one does not often associate with Spanish so that should be interesting.

After Spanish, I picked up E then headed to the arts centre as E and I had a show: Dance with NACO. That was fun. E is getting better about sitting still in her seat. I was so impressed until she said to me "Mommy 14". I didn't think I heard her right so she repeated herself. "14 what?" I asked. "14 dancers" she proudly replied. So instead of watching the beautiful ballet dancers or enjoying the wonderful classical music, my daughter was counting the dancers...which was no easy job since they were moving around so much. Then I watched E again as she had moved on to counting the orchestra members. A much easier job since they were sitting still, but many more to count. Well, at least she was still. ;)

After the show, E had her latino soccer club. She is the only girl in a club of Spanish speaking boys and is loving it!!! She looked so cute with her soccer cleats and shin pads. My own mini soccer star. :)

No comments: