Our doctor is fabulous and saw both E and I, wrote the medical report and gave us our forms for the blood and x-ray labs in very short order. The blood taking went super well. E fussed a little before the deed but didn't cry at all in the moment it was being done. I am so very proud of her, it warranted 2 high fives. The x-ray clinic was just down the hall from the blood lab and both events took a lot less time than I thought they would. Now the wait is on for the results.
Peru requires HIV, Hep B and VDRL testing as well as chest x-rays for all occupants of the home where the adopted child will live. The medical and psych assessments are time sensitive and cannot be older than 3 months upon arrival in Peru. The pics of the house and family are also time sensitive and must have been taken within 4 months of arrival in Peru. I finished taking photos in the house yesterday, sent the pics to Costco online last night and will pick them up tomorrow after work. The HIV report is done separately from the other two tests and has to go through Public Health so I have been warned it may take a few weeks. It looks like my original projection for finalizing my paperchase was correct: end of September. It is still all good and I am more than a little excited that I only have one more thing left to do: psych update in a week and a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment