Wednesday, January 13, 2010

back on track

This morning I took the last of my antibiotics. My ear has been feeling better and better every day. It won't be long before it is back to normal.

Things are getting back to normal here at home. Laundry is under control. More Christmas stuff has been put away. I cooked up a fantastic supper tonight using all the veggies I had in my fridge and the chicken I had in the freezer. There was so much food that we will get to enjoy the leftovers tomorrow. Our dessert was one of the biggest pineapples I have ever seen. In fact, it is the pineapple that keeps on giving. There are 3 containers (2 small and 1 large) in the fridge so E can take one for snack tomorrow and there will be more for dessert tomorrow night. It's almost like there is more pineapple there than what I started with...it's the miracle pineapple! :)

E is delighted, she loves pineapple. I am glad for the ready-made food too as E starts back to her Thursday soccer tomorrow at 5:30pm. This doesn't leave me a whole lot of time to get supper ready so I am back in my extra-cooking-on-Wednesday-night groove so that Thursday will be a breeze. I wasn't going to put E back in the Thursday night soccer as she already has gym, Peruvian dance, Spanish class and latino soccer, but she asked. She enjoys all her activities and wanted to go back to that one as well. My mom signed E up at the community centre on Monday when she was there doing one of her classes.

We are officially back to our jam-packed schedule. :) For some reason, we actually function better this way. What's even more fun, I have already planned our activity this Sunday. I am going to take E to her first movie theatre matinee. E has watched many films on dvd but she has yet to go to an actual movie theatre. We are going to go see The Princess and the Frog. E already knows the story as it was one of the Tag books I gave her for Christmas. I told my sister I was going to take E to see a show and she expressed interest in joining us. It looks like it will be a good family day. :)

No comments: