The story of my digital camera:
Just before I went to get E, I got myself an excellent point and shoot digital camera that included video recording. It was awesome. It is the camera that took the first photo of me with my daughter. When we got to the courthouse about a week later, there were signs all over the building that said el tomar de la foto prohibido. Not realizing how wonderful our judge was going to be, I handed my camera to my dad who put my camera in his side pocket of his cargo pants. And forgot about it. Until we were back at the apartment and dad had sat down at the metal desk where we used our laptops. When he went to turn, the pocket that was holding my camera made contact with the table leg and my camera lcd was instantly rendered a perpetual star display. The camera was still useful and took many more photos and video, but it was no longer a point and shoot. As K cleverly summarized, I had a "point and hope" camera. I did look into having the camera fixed, but the cost to do so was as much as it would have been to replace it with a new camera.
It didn't take me too long to go out and buy myself another camera. However, I couldn't bring myself to abandon the camera that went with us to Ecuador and captured so many treasured memories. So this camera sat at our house, still useful but not as popular as its unblemished cousin. But my new camera doesn't include video which means I have been using the broken camera to document our Christmas mornings and the like.
Recently, after being inspired by some of my colleagues at work, I ordered myself a new lcd for my camera from ebay. It was $25. The first one arrived with a starry imprint somewhat diminished compared to mine, but it was cracked nonetheless so I sent it back and another was sent to replace it and this one worked out just fine. My camera is now whole again. I am so pleased. This will be the camera that goes with us to Peru as it is pretty rugged and travels well...at least the non-LCD parts are pretty tough.
I was so delighted with my camera repair, I took E out to celebrate and wouldn't you know it, I forgot the camera. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment