Friday, March 5, 2010

great recipe blog for delicious andean food

For the last couple of years, I have been subscribed to a Spanish Word of the Day list. It is the work of an American married to an Ecuadorian. It is brilliant as it not only gives a word, but entire sentences, cognates and various other helpful tips on slang words from various Spanish-speaking countries. From time to time, there is a news article or some other interesting tidbit of latino information at the bottom of the email. Recently, the tidbit was this blog http://www.michellefried.org/blog/ which is a well written recipe blog. It got me longing for some locro sopa (my favourite since our trip to Ecuador 3 years ago). I always have potatoes under my kitchen sink and most of the other minor ingredients are in my fridge. After dropping off E at Spanish school tomorrow morning, I will pick up some avocados, cheese and peppers. We will have locro in this house this weekend. Yum yum. :)

No comments: