Wednesday, September 15, 2010

update

The word of the day yesterday and today is update. I got word yesterday morning that I have to update pretty much all of my adoption dossier documents. It's a good thing I have done this before, several times actually, I could do this whole update thing in my sleep. ;)

My homestudy update letter is done. My psych update letter will be done soon. I dropped off the medical update letter to my doctor yesterday. I sent off the police and interpol clearance applications and I have emailed my HR person to ask for another confirmation of employment letter. One giant checkmark for requests and it won't be long for another giant checkmark for done. And I didn't even break a sweat. :P

Well at least there was no sweat for the updates. E's gymnastics was a whole other story. Yesterday afternoon was her first class with the 6-8 year olds. The first half hour entailed a lot of jumping and running and hopping, I got tired just watching! Then they split the kids into groups for the remaining hour of skill development. Some of the other mom's were talking about how this is the year they want their kids to compete. Compete, wow. I can't imagine throwing my 6 year old into the whole competition arena. I am thrilled when she does a cartwheel on a line.

After gym, I took her out for supper. My folks met us and we joined half of our city in taking in the yummy menu at the Ikea restaurant. E had the 15 meatball and potatoes plate, practically inhaled it all and then had an ice cream cone. I picked up a new mattress for her new bunk beds. I was hoping she could use it right away, but she crawled into her old bed and was out like a light before I had a chance to put the mattress on her bunk bed. Today, I will move out the old bed so she can start sleeping on her bunk beds.

Her new bunk beds are white. Last night, I put a white sheet on her new mattress. It looks like a rectangular cloud. E was super excited this morning when she woke up to see her bunk beds with a mattress. She moved her blankets and pillow over to the new bed to try it out. I am pretty happy with the new mattress too, so next week I will get another of the same type. I only got one just in case it didn't fit right, feel right, etc. It is a perfect fit and easy to make as it is mostly foam so it bends when putting on the sheets. Brilliant! For those who may be interested in mattresses, it is a sultan florvag and is soft but firm. Yes, I tried it out too. :)

No comments: