Thursday, March 31, 2011

things are better today

After talking it over with my sister, we both decided that I am starting to get a little stressed out about how long this adoption process is taking. I am almost at the 3.5 year mark since starting adoption #2. I could have had 3 kids by now going at it the old-fashioned way. Or at least 2 adopted if things had kept at the same pace as the process for when I got E. APF - Adoption Process Fatigue. I'm tired of waiting. And I am usually a very patient person. So what does that say about me? Everyone has their limits.

Interestingly, for all the frustration I am feeling at the process, it has absolutely no effect on E. She keeps me strong. We act like a family with more than one child. We have a bumper sticker on our car that says "niños on board", when there is only one niña on board. E has bunk beds, and all her outgrown toys and clothes and shoes and jackets and and and. We have everything for the next one(s), but no next one to show for it. Maybe it's time to get rid of more stuff.

Holding on to all this stuff for additional children is a constant reminder of how long this is taking. Especially when the quantity of everything keeps inching higher. Did I mention E has sprouted again? We went through her wardrobe and pulled out all the pants that are now too small.

And the piles keep getting higher. It's time to purge.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Hey Kerri,

I get the adoption exhaustion! So emotionally draining. I enjoy reading your blog about your adventures with your E. Wishing you the best with your Peru adoption - hope you hear something very soon!!!

Allison

Kerri said...

Hi Allison,

Thanks so much for your comment. It's nice to know I am not alone in feeling the way I do. How sweet of you to offer encouragement, I hope things have, are, will be moving well for you too!! :)

Kerri