We have this set of books that belong to a series called Help Me Be Good. There are 29 books in the series and each one addresses a less than desireable behaviour. Well, I gotta say, these books are awesome! Whenever E misbehaves, I tell her to go read that book .. out loud. Well, it was a little prophetic that I had written about her Pokemon cards when that same day, several hours later, I learned that she had taken ALL of her pokemon cards to school sans permission.
Shades of the Littlest Pet Shop fiasco of months past. Anyway we have a rule that she is not allowed to take her entire pile, but only 5 at a time to trade on the bus. She has already broken this rule and promised not to do it again. So yesterday, she was sent to her room to read "Breaking Promises" and "Disobeying". Then we discussed them.
It is so good to have reinforcement. Instead of me talking and worrying my message isn't getting through, I have ink on paper to back me up. Love that.
No comments:
Post a Comment