Saturday night, E, my sister and I began the task of building a bunny piñata.
Bunny takes 1 large balloon, 3 medium sized balloons and 2 small balloons for the body, head, legs and arms respectively. We used some old whole wheat flour that was sitting in my cupboard, so the papier maché looks really healthy! :) We will add another layer of papier maché tonight (it was still a little wet last night). note to self: I must remember to build a hook into bunny's head. We also took another large balloon to make a second Easter Egg piñata as a backup.
I have also revisited the party plans a little and decided to substitute a confetti egg pass for the musical chairs. It is more easter-y. The kids will pass a confetti egg (à la hot potato) and when the music stops, whoever has the egg is out. Since it will be a confetti egg, if the egg breaks, the kid will be out and a new egg will be inserted into the game. I have already hollowed out 6 eggs to be converted to confetti eggs this weekend. This game will only be played if E's party is outdoors. In lieu of confetti, I will be filling the eggs with something edible: bird seed, sprinkles, rice, I haven't decided yet.
Yesterday, as I was hanging yet another load of laundry on my clothesline, I envisioned stringing a bunch of balloons to the clothesline for the birthday party that will hopefully transpire in the backyard in less than 3 weeks.
I hope the weather is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment