This is what happens when Mommy is awoken at 5am!
A couple of days ago, I noticed a bunch of ants in the house. They were making an "ant" line to E's easter basket. In order to eliminate the sweet smell that was attracting them, I emptied all of E's easter eggs and other loose candy into one of her lunch boxes. I left that lunch box in the kitchen, mistake number 1.
E has an alarm clock in her room. The story of E and her morning awakening is that during the week, I am the one that gets her up at 6:30am. On the weekends, she gets herself up at 6am. Lately, E has taken to setting her alarm clock for 5am. However, it doesn't wake her up, but I hear it and once again, I heard it this morning. I had trouble falling back to sleep when I realized it was too early to get up so I dragged myself out of bed at 6:30 and went about getting E up. I took E's alarm clock away. I should have done that sooner, mistake number 2.
This morning, I received a call from E's school. I had a brief moment of worry that she was hurt or sick or in trouble, but the secretary at her school seemed to be sort of laughing while she was talking to me. It turns out, I grabbed the wrong lunchbox and put the one full of candy in her backpack. E told her teacher and the principal what I had done with the Easter candy so they know it was completely unintentional that I sent in candy for my daughter's lunch. The ultimate mistake.
Lucky for me, my folks live right next door and they are both retired. After a quick call to them, E's abuelos are now bringing in the proper lunchbox and exchanging it with the candy one. I would have loved to have been there to see her expression when she opened the candy box...not the teacher's though. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment