Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 15 and 16

Day 15 - princess ring
Day 16 - LPS figurine (last one)


The week of baking continues. Sadly, the shortbread did not turn out as nice as I hoped it would. I was too nervous about it browning that I took it out too soon. When I went to put it back, it resulted in a final product that is not as good as what is intended. Normally, the shortbread would melt in your mouth, mine, not so much. It's not bad, but it's not as good as it should be. :(

Last night, I started assembling the mini-gingerbread houses. I used my dough scraper to cut the pieces to the right size and to make the ever so important straight edge (so the pieces can join). About 3 houses in, I realized that instead of me holding each mini-house together, I could use the roof pieces to lean against them so they wouldn't collapse. It made the final 5 houses go lickity split. I also abandoned the notion of piping the royal icing onto the edges. They are so small that I just dipped the edges into the icing bowl.




Tonight, we will add the roofs.

No comments: