So, yesterday, E and I tidied up the yard. Well, E mostly played on her tricycles while I moved the patio furniture off of the patio and turned all our pots and window boxes upside down. It was a very productive afternoon.
There is a 40% chance of flurries tonight, but snow and rain tomorrow. So I may still have a chance to finish cleaning up the yard tomorrow after work. Hopefully my big little girl will have the energy to join me after school and gymnastics today.
E is growing in leaps and bounds. This weekend, we went through about 6 pairs of her pants that no longer fit as well as a couple of tops that are a little short in the sleeves and so far one sweater that definitely goes in to the "save it for her siblings" pile. I am one of those parents that absolutely loves it when my daughter grows. Some of my friends have the luxury of taking it for granted but I know how significant it is that my daughter went from being within the 10th percentile to now moving beyond the 50th percentile on the growth charts for her size and age. She is a very healthy child and I am eternally grateful for that.
As for the renos, they are moving along really well. The bathroom is almost done. There is some molding to be finished off and some re-centering of the vanity and medicine cabinet, but other than that, it is perfect.
The pipe in the basement floor is completely exposed and completely corroded. There is water in the bed of gravel that it sits in that might be ground water, but I suspect it is likely due to the corroded pipe leaking. We have decided to dig up the second drainage pipe in case it also suffers from a 60 year old corrosion issue. Slowly but surely, the renos march on and we are getting that much closer to a move in date. Shall I say, the week before Christmas? Fingers, toes, arms and legs all crossed. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment