Friday, November 21, 2008

no snow

So something weird has happened all around Ottawa. Regions to the east, west and south (probably north too, but I don't know for sure) all got snow the last couple of days, but not us. Last night on the news, they showed how a lot of vehicles were stranded on a highway in the maritimes due to a couple of tractor trailers that had jack-knifed because of the slippery snow. They also showed how there had been many accidents in Southern Ontario, again because of the snow. We had some black ice the day before yesterday, but no snow since our one day snow and melt a few weeks ago. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I have not yet emptied my cedar barrels or my window boxes. Mother Nature must know that I am not ready for snow, not just yet.

So, here I am blogging again on my adoption blog about something other than the adoption. And why is that? Because there is really nothing to report on the adoption. It is kind of like being pregnant except the pregnant mum is growing a baby and the adoptive mum is waiting for a baby. On a day to day basis, there is really nothing new except the pregnant mum has a visual cue while she waits for her delivery day and the adoptive mum is more distraction-oriented until adoption day. Hence, the home renos which are finally picking up some real steam now that the main bath is almost complete.

I know I shouldn't do this, but wouldn't it be so perfect if the referral came in January? E and I would be in the new house. We wouldn't have anymore renos going on and we could all start living in the new house as a bigger family.

But I really shouldn't get my hopes up for a referral at any specific time since these things are really not predictable at all. I have done all that I can do. The agency has done all that they can do. The lawyer in Ecuador has done all that he can do. When the TUA is ready to accept my file, I hope that I have provided everything that they need in order to allow another beautiful child to join our family. In the meantime, we are one day closer to the next adoption.

No comments: