So, it is 2 days before Christmas and you would think that I am ready. I could have been more ready if it weren't for a nasty cold I had picked up late last week.
Now I am not blaming the bus drivers or my city because I don't know what goes on during their rounds of collective bargaining, however I am a little miffed that they have made so many people unable to get around. I have become a little bit of a bus driver myself since the transit strike and have been picking up people on my way in to work and on my way home. I had a personal best last Wednesday when I was able to get 3 people to where they needed to go in the morning and one home in the afternoon. However, when my passengers are getting in the car, they are sniffling. I figured it was due to the cold. Now, I am suspicious that one of them had a cold and shared it with me. :( But this has not deterred me from picking up my fellow working Joes'. This morning was the first time I actually picked up someone coming to my building. Until now, all my passengers were on my way or sort of on my way. I probably should have got her last name so that I could email her when I am leaving.. oh well. Next time.
Anyway, I have quite a full agenda this evening. I have to swing by the house and put out the multitudes of boxes left behind by the previous tenants for paper recycling which is tomorrow. I am not even going to tackle the newspapers, there are piles of those, nor the miscellaneous other items left behind (garbage now that they have been covered in a thick layer of basement reno dust). I figure if I get the big stuff out first, it will make a bigger dent in the work to be done. I hope so anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment