Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Hello everyone,

So today was back to school and back to work for both E and me. Little E was a little slow to wake this morning but it was mostly because she was so excited to be going back to school that she awoke in the middle of the night and wanted to stay up. This made me a little less than enthused at waking this morning too. But 6:30 came and we got going. E's bus driver, a new one, was late this morning and also drove right past us, so I drove her into school this morning. I was so frustrated that I called them and told them how ridiculous it is that her pick up time is more than an hour before her school starts and then how sometimes the bus does not show or like today, when it does, it doesn't stop to let her on. It didn't help that I am so tired this morning, but it really was the straw that broke the camel's back. It'll be much easier than waiting around for a bus that is very often late, especially now that winter is here. This way, we can have a more relaxing morning than the hurry up and wait we get with her taking the bus.

Anyways, enough griping about the bus and on to a much more fun subject: Christmas. We had a wonderful Christmas. We went to a really nice Christmas Eve party and then enjoyed a quiet Christmas the next day for the first part of the morning, just the two of us, and then over at E's abuelos for the 2nd part of the morning. E was so excited about everything. Santa gave her a rocking horse, puzzles, clothes and my little ponies while I gave her a whiteboard/chalkboard easel from Ikea as well as a Strawberry Shortcake dvd and computer game. My parents gave her all kinds of stuff. She was flitting from one thing to the next anxious to try out all her new presents. It was fun to watch her just so happy about all of it.

Between Christmas and now, we have been getting ready to move to the new house. Both E's and my bedroom are clean and equipped with beds. J was great about assembling E's wardrobe and my Ikea bed with concealable storage. I love them both. Retail therapy at its best! After seeing my bed assembled, I am amazed at how much it fills up the room but so glad to have it there.

T helped me wash the floors in the bedrooms as well as 2 rooms on the main floor. This was no small feat since there was construction dust everywhere. We washed each floor about 6 times. I am so grateful to T and J for all their help the last few days. Their time and efforts were bigger gifts than anything money could buy.

Ready or not, we are moving this weekend. Both E and I are pretty excited.

No comments: