Monday, June 8, 2009

Keeping the faith

Yesterday, while up at the farm, I talked about giving away some of the excess kid furniture such as E's toddler bed. Even though Dad has been in agreement that it was time to let go of the mountains of clothing rapidly becoming too small for E, he suggested that I should hold on to the furniture. He reminded me that last year I bought the mini-van in anticipation of adding to our family. He still so firmly believes that the adoption will materialize into something more than a wishful thought and that I should hold on to the furniture for the next one or two. It was so nice to hear his optimism. Now I have to figure out where to put the bed we brought back and the future items that we will be going to pick up. I might just have to set up another bedroom in preparation. Talk about tempting fate...

I am very grateful to the wonderful help of T, J and dad in helping me get the farm ready for sale. We still have much to do and loads to bring back, but T helped me decide what to take and what to leave behind. Since it is a recreational property, I will be selling it furnished with living and dining room furniture as well as beds for all 3 bedrooms. I don't relish the idea of bringing the queen bed down those narrow stairs that were so tricky to navigate when we brought the bed up there. As it is, there is still a piece of the landing we have to re-attach before listing the farm for sale.

Interestingly, as of 2 weeks ago, a developer has begun to sell one acre lots on my street. This will hopefully help me to sell my farm with the increased traffic going to look at the lots. So next weekend, after soccer, E and I are going to spend the weekend up at the farm clearing out the clutter and getting it ready. Maybe one of those potential buyers will be interested in a small acreage...

No comments: