Saturday, June 6, 2009

Last day of Spanish class

Today was our last day for Spanish. E had a whole day of fiesta fun including freezies, popcorn and a pinata. Mom, Dad and I went in to get our marks and go over our final exam. I didn't do as bad as I thought. Dad did pretty well and mom, well she should have studied more. We were able to leave after an hour so Mom and I headed over to the big giveaway at a local church. Taryn joined us and we collectively found many wonderful books, videos and super cute clothes for E.

The 3 of us went to pick up E from Spanish afterwards and she was so thrilled to see all of the books we had picked up for her. I knew her reading has been progressing but to hear her pick up a book and start reading it to herself just blew me away.

E also had soccer this afternoon and that went pretty well too. She is getting better about getting in there and kicking the ball. She is a tough little cookie as the boys can be a bit rough and she did get pushed but she stood her ground. When the ball got kicked in to her face, she gave me a small heart attack and some freakish natural force ripped me from my seat to scoop her up and take her back to sit with me. There were a few tears, but it was more frightening than anything else. The ball is smaller than a regular soccer ball and the kid that kicked it was pretty small too so it didn't hit her very hard. But it was scary and also an important lesson. E now knows that she is to lower her head to butt the ball when it goes airborne like that. We are going to practice that this week. She felt much better about the whole situation when I told her that it has happened to me once when I was a kid. She asked me if I cried. "Of course, I did, but I got right back in there and kept playing". Lessons.

Tomorrow, we are heading up to the farm. There is work to be done and stuff to bring back..I am a little sad that all the plans I had for the farm are going to become someone else's.

No comments: