Monday, June 22, 2009

Last week of school...

It's hard to believe, but we are heading into the home stretch. This morning, I dropped off all the teachers' gifts and managed to briefly chat with E's teacher to let her know in person how much I appreciate everything that she does for E and all her classmates.

So, tonight, we just have her bus driver's card to do. I already have the gift card.

I heard on the radio this morning that the LCBO is in a legal strike position at midnight tomorrow, so I am hoping to stock up a little on that Fuzion wine and maybe some other of my faves in case this strike lasts a little long.

I also heard that the Toronto city workers started their strike today so my heart goes out to all those Torontonians scrambling for daycare at the last minute. I will be equally empathetic toward all Torontonians in a week or so when the lack of garbage collection is sure to cause an olfactory offence. We may even smell some of it this weekend with the heatwave that is attaching itself to the first few days of summer.

Today it is 27 degrees and E is wearing a cute little orange jumpsuit that combines shorts and a halter top. It was a gift from L and E. It is such a cute outfit and makes my little girl look summer ready. Thanks again L and E. By the way, if you are reading this L, my folks are talking about making a side trip to Niagara this Saturday. Will you folks be around?

No comments: