What a fantastic day! E made a beautiful gift for dad, her pseudo father and overall best grandfather in the world.
Her JK class had a local artist come in to the classroom a few weeks ago and helped all the kids make this gorgeous piece of art that puts a very interesting fish image on a board. I think its a collage of many pieces of magazine scraps glued to the board in the shape of a fish and then varnished. Gorgeous! The card was super cute too. It was fashioned to look like a tie. Did I mention about how great I find E's school? I am so appreciative of all they do for her that I picked up 3 bottles of wine for each of her 3 teachers. E made some beautiful cards for them and we will give them their gifts tomorrow so that we can cross it off our list of things to do this week.
Since we are leaving Thursday after school, I will be busy packing Wednesday and don't want to risk forgetting the teachers gifts. Tomorrow, we will work on a card for her bus driver. H is such a super nice bus driver, always engages in a little chit chat with my folks when dropping E off after school, she has become a household name. I hope she will continue to be E's bus driver in September. There will be a Tim Horton's gift card for her as this is less likely to roll around on the bus and safer all around.
The wine that I picked up for E's teachers is a nice white Argentinian wine called Fuzion. I was drinking the red version of Fuzion on Friday night while catching up with N and just loved it. I wanted to bring the same type to C's house for dinner last night, but they only had white so that's the type I got for both C's dinner party and E's teachers. In fact, I got the last of the white and asked the store clerk if they had anymore of the red. He mentioned that they will be getting both the red and white in this week. I think I will make another stop in at the LCBO and see about picking up some more later on in the week for the rest of the summer.
The weekend was full but fun. It was so great to see N and C and not having to make supper at all this weekend is always a plus for me. Lucky for me, next weekend is again a weekend off for me in the kitchen. E knows we are planning a surprise trip as I had to tell her soccer coaches she won't be there next week, but she doesn't know where yet. Let's hope I can keep that part a surprise...
No comments:
Post a Comment