Sunday, June 14, 2009

waiting for E

While E is gathering up the stuff she wants to bring to the farm, I thought I might check emails and post on my blog.

We didn't end up going up after soccer last night since we were both tired and there would be much to do up at the farm when we got there. I thought it might be better to get a good night's sleep and go up for the day today. I am really glad I made that decision since it allowed E and I to plant some flowers in our front garden yesterday after supper. It also allowed me to do 3 loads of laundry this morning. All good things.

Soccer was great yesterday. E is getting better and better. The only weird thing is she keeps ducking when the ball goes airborne. It is a little funny to watch. I suppose she is still a little traumatized from last week. Interestingly enough, one of the little guys from E's spanish class got a ball in the face even before the game got started (while the kids were kicking around their individual balls). He was very upset, as the whole ball in the face thing is pretty upsetting. However, it helped E to see how this is something that can happen and that protective measures must be taken. Now if only I can convince her to use the airborne-ness of the soccer ball to her advantage instead of retreating like a turtle...

No comments: