What a beautiful day it turned out to be despite the forecast for thundershowers. I guess the sky was done after dumping a heavy rain last night.
E and I went up to Mackenzie King Estate and enjoyed the big open spaces for running and playing, the beautiful flower gardens and the yummy birthday cake. It was a shame we got started late as we would have liked to have spent more time there but they were only offering their Canada Day activities until 4:30pm. Next year, I think I will make us a picnic and bring a kite and a frisbee.
E and I had a bit of a late night last night having had a nice visit with C. Lucky for us we didn't have to be up too early this morning as it gave us the chance to sleep in. We puttered around this morning and made our plans for the afternoon. In making those plans, E mentioned that she wanted to learn how to jump rope.
At school for their activity day they had a jump rope event and it made an impression on E. So I dug up a skipping rope for her and brought it with us. I showed her how to jump rope on her own and with someone turning the rope for her. The skipping on her own didn't hold her interest very long, but she loved it when my mom and I were turning the rope for her to jump through it.
In the box where I found the skipping rope, there was also a pair of dance slippers I picked up a few months ago on sale. E spent the evening wearing her new dance slippers and teaching me some dance steps. That was fun! She is very excited that I will be putting her in dance class this fall. It will be something fun for her to do when soccer ends.
No comments:
Post a Comment