Today is my day of reflection. Don't panic is my motto. Agency bankruptcy is my problem. If you don't already know, a notice of bankruptcy was posted on my agency's website yesterday. Wasn't that a fun read..
Anyway, even if St. Anne's finances are on the up and up, they share the same office space as the rest of the now financially troubled agency. So they are in no shape to act as an agency for anyone. I have a small plan that I am hoping to put into action tomorrow. I have talked to my social worker and my all-time best personal advisors, my folks, and we agree that cooler heads shall prevail so there is no sense running off "half-cocked" as they say.
I am about 3/4 cocked now and hoping for full cocking tomorrow. Now now, get your minds out of the gutter, its just an expression. Where am I now? Not panicking, not angry, not as devastated as I was last night.
I am not impressed with my agency but I don't hate them. I have met them. I have corresponded with them frequently. They are good people. But even good people make mistakes. I don't know for sure, but I suspect that the agency over-extended themselves when they started building orphanages, not least of which was a small village, in Africa. As well-intentioned a project that it was, there was also a vast under-estimation in forecasting long-term financial planning for such an endeavour. But hindsight is 20/20 and wouldn't I love to go back in time and tell them what was ahead now.
Tomorrow is another day. And I have a plan. A small one, but hopefully, with some more smart thinking and collaboration, the worst thing that can happen in an adoption process might be only another bump in the road. My world is not about to be destroyed and even if it were, I shall remember: Don't Panic.
No comments:
Post a Comment