Another day full of activity on the bankruptcy of my agency. I have emailed the provincial government, my social worker, the lawyer in Ecuador and the previous case workers for St. Anne before Kids' Link took over. I am hopeful someone should be able to help as I have consulted the InterCountry Adoption Act and the Hague Convention on the Protection of Children. This is what I have found:
The InterCountry Adoption Act allows for Director approval from the Ontario Ministry of Children and Youth Services if a facilitator is not available. As a government body, I am hoping the approval from the Ontario Ministry of Children and Youth Services meets the requirements of article 12?
Article 12 Hague Convention
A body accredited in one Contracting State may act in another Contracting State only if the competent authorities of both States have authorized it to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment