Thursday, July 16, 2009

update on the whole "in limbo" thing...

I did get a reply from a couple of the people that I had emailed and they were both very helpful. It would appear that Saint Anne is not bankrupt, but instead a "worthless asset" of Kids Link. As such, it can still operate under its current license with the ministry. But the question remains, who will do the operating?

I vote for the Ministry of Children and Youth Services to step up and act as "Director" as permitted in the Intercountry Adoption Act. Our fees are already in country so they would only be acting to approve referrals as they do now anyway.

Director
(2) The application may be made to a Director rather than to a licensee, in which case the report of the adoption homestudy shall be submitted to the same Director. 1998, c. 29, s. 5 (2).

“Director” means a person or member of a class of persons designated by the regulations; (“directeur”)

click on the image below to see a portion of the act more clearly:

No comments: