Monday, July 20, 2009

Yesterday

What a nice day. I got to sleep in for the first time in a long time as E was staying at my folks. When I went to get E, she was pretty tired. I guess she stayed up late too... :)

We picked raspberries in our backyard, I made supper, she took a "rainforest" shower/bath (that's what E calls it when the shower is on and the water collects to make her bath) and we agreed that raspberries would be her snack at school today. I love that we have a raspberry bush in our backyard. It reminds me of when I was a kid and I would pick raspberries in my grandparents' backyard. Good times.

As for the adoption portion of this blog, I have done all that I can do to move it forward. I am now preparing myself for the very real possibility that it will not. I prepared my "proof of claim" for the bankruptcy trustee assuming the full amount for the Ecuadorian portion as I have not heard back from the lawyer. I suppose he must be busy trying to convince the CNNA to allow TDH to assume the license. Even if they do, there are plenty of agencies with licenses and their clients' files don't seem to be moving very fast. Coupled with the fact that I am about 40th in the queue for Canuck adoption applications and Ecuador processes about that many annually for all countries combined, I am likely to be a grandmother by the time my referral rolls around. Maybe I could switch the application to E's name..

No comments: