My psych assessment got cancelled about 40mins into my wait due to a personal appointment running late, so we rescheduled to next week. E had her second blood test done and that did not go as well as the first one a couple of weeks ago. She remembered where we were and protested greatly before going in. Big crocodile tears before the act but the phlebotomist was very good and distracted E with questions about school to get the job done. The needle went in while E was explaining who are her teachers this year. No tears at all. My E is pretty easy going about so many things, but needles really freak her out and she does not like having her blood drawn or getting vaccinations.
Today, E has a cold. She slept late this morning and complained of a sore throat when she woke up. Last night, her eyes were running and she was blowing her nose, so I had some indication that something was coming. I hope it is just a cold so that she can be back to her normal self in no time at all. E's recovery from colds is normally at lightening speed compared to the week and a bit it usually takes for me to recover. I wonder if she picked it up at school or the clinic yesterday. The clinic was full of all kinds of people who were there for all kinds of reasons. It wouldn't surprise me if she picked it up there. School is also a pretty good breeding ground for viruses too and I know that I was tempted to send her in even though she is sick since school only just started. So, I am sure other parents would feel the same about sending their kids in to school so that they don't miss anything in the first few days. It hardly matters where she picked it up as it doesn't change anything.
Ok, she doesn't seem too sick right now, she is trying to read this blog post over my shoulder and is getting really giggly knowing that the subject is her. Maybe I will drop her off at school.
2 comments:
So sorry to hear about the blood test for E! Hope she is feeling better! How old is E?
E is doing fine. She was comforted by the fact that this is something that we both have to do for her sibling. I did have to explain why though:
me: "to show that we don't have any diseases so we won't make your brother or sister sick".
E: "what if I have a cold?"
me: "not that kind of sick, the kind where you don't get better".
That seemed good enough of an explanation for her 5 year old brain. :)
Post a Comment