Yesterday morning, E and I were back in to our Spanish class mode. E is in a huge class with 4-6 year olds that will likely be split up as more than half of them were 4 year olds, some who don't speak any Spanish. E was happy to see a few of her friends that she hasn't seen since Spanish day camp and some she hasn't seen since her Saturday Spanish class when it ended in June. She also has the same teacher from her previous Saturday class. So she was pretty pumped about the whole experience of returning to Spanish.
My class sees a return of 2 students from my previous class: B and P. Our teacher, S, was a substitute teacher on a couple of occasions during our previous class so she is familiar and very nice. So nice in fact, that she will be continuing with our previous textbook, Juntos Uno, as we still have 3 chapters left to finish. The chapters in this textbook are divided up by Spanish-speaking countries and the last chapter centres on Peru, Argentina and Chile; 3 countries about which I want to learn more. I am super excited and I hope that Dad will join again as I know that he was hoping to finish the textbook too as a summer Spanish project that never quite got off the ground.
After Spanish, E sat in the back of the car reading my Spanish textbook out loud. I am so impressed that her Spanish is returning to her. That Summer Spanish Camp was a fantastic learning opportunity for E for so many reasons including that she was doing it 5 days a week for 5 weeks. The Spanish soccer club was also pretty good as I do remember E putting up her hand and yelling "yo, yo, yo" with the other kids when one of the coaches would ask who wants to throw in the ball. The coaches were fantastic too, giving instructions in Spanish and English and praise in Spanish "eso, eso!".
No comments:
Post a Comment