While walking upstairs, there was a sticker on one of the steps. To myself, "that doesn't belong there", I picked it up and stuck it on the wall. There was a time when that sticker would have landed in the garbage can. Stickers are in my bathroom, in the kitchen, all over E's bedroom, on my coffee table, all over E's computer and even inside my dryer. If an alien were to land in my house, they would think our home has a sticker disease. Now I accept that there is room for stickers in my house, our house. Look at me, I'm growing. :)
School went well today. E adores her new french teacher. On E's first day, Mme L gave each of the kids a little loot bag with a penny, a pencil, an eraser, a sticker and a starburst candy explaining that each student is valued, sharp, can make mistakes, stick together and is a star. It was a sweet introduction to the first day of school. E told me that Mme L has a puppet called Patapouf that speaks french. Puppets are always a huge hit with my E. Today, the kids learned the colours and it is so nice to hear E use her Spanish "r" when she says "vert".
Speaking of Spanish, this week, I registered myself for Spanish class. My class will coincide with E's class and starts next week. I am very much looking forward to getting back in to a Spanish groove. Hasta luego.
No comments:
Post a Comment