Yesterday, Ecuador and Colombia were competing to qualify for the World Cup. On the same day, my E was playing soccer with her latino soccer club in what I thought was a soccer tournament. Even though it was a soccer tournament, it was also a latino event with music, food and pinatas. I wish I had known as I would have let all our latino friends know about it. It was so beautiful to see all the flags of the different countries lining a fence in Brewer Park. It was good eating with all the pupusas, empanadas and other yummy latino food. I only wish we could have stayed longer, but E was tired.
This week, the return to school, after our lazy days of vacation, have taken a toll on E. She is starting to fizzle in the mid-afternoon. I now understand why all her activities take a 2 week hiatus; to let the kids adjust to their school routines. Starting the week after next, E will be doing gymnastics on Tuesdays, indoor soccer on Thursdays and Spanish on Saturdays. If she is not too tuckered with all that, I am hoping to register her for Peruvian dance as well.
4 comments:
Kerri that is amazing that there are so many latina based activities! I had no clue and it was something I wondered about!
Are you near the GTA?
We are about 4 hours away from Toronto by car. But I am aware of several latino activities in and around Toronto. In fact, there are some fantastic latin american restaurants in the North York region.
Calgary and Edmonton offer bilingual english/spanish curriculums in both their public and catholic school boards. I found this out when searching for spanish stuff on the internet. The web site is Spanishtown.ca. Fantastic site and made me consider moving out west for a moment. We would probably have gone if it weren't for all our friends and family that we would miss here.
LOL thanks Kerri! Since Peru prefers if you have someone who is Peruvian in your family (and I don't) I'm now looking at Guyana in S. America.
I'm hoping to be based somewhere between Windsor and Ottawa - all depends on jobs.
Thanks for the link to spanishtown.
Can I add you to my blogroll?
Wow, Guyana, that's pretty cool. My brother was doing some work in Guyana a couple of years ago and really liked it.
I just took a look at your blog, it is great! I would love to be on your list. :)
Post a Comment