Friday, October 30, 2009

momentous occasion

E made her own breakfast this morning. She took out a bowl, cereal and milk then proceeded to pour her cereal in the bowl and then the milk and nary a spill to be seen. I am so proud of my big little girl.

Today she is super excited as she has been counting down Halloween and knows that it is tomorrow. She woke up at 4 o'clock this morning thinking it was morning. Did I mention the excitement?.. I can hardly blame her though, mornings have been so dark for the last few weeks, it is hard to tell the difference. Thank goodness our clocks go back this weekend, I am so ready to get an extra hour of sleep this Sunday and with E making her own brekkie, it may actually happen.

This morning, E packed her unicorn costume in her backpack and will be changing in to it at school. Mme L asked all the parents to send in chopped fruit as the kids will be combining their snacks to make a fruit salad today. I chopped up a bunch of apples as I still have a whole lot left over from the $0.25/lb sale a couple of weeks ago.

Our weekend is going to be full of fun and activities as E has her Peruvian dance, latino soccer, trick or treating and el dia de los muertos. To cap it all off, it is L's birthday on Sunday so I will arrange a sitter for E while I finish this fun-filled weekend with cocktails and cake.

Fun fun fun! Happy Halloween everyone!!! :)

p.s. I had to change the relish recipe from a previous post. I did not do it right in the cooking stage. Our relish, although relish-tasting, is soggy. I consulted with Mrs. F and she mentioned to only cook for a few minutes after reaching a boil to "keep the crunch". Oops. And no boiling the jars after filling them as that will only cook the relish more. Double oops.

No comments: