Friday, November 27, 2009

'tis the season part deux

December 1st is the day that I would normally reserve as the start date for Christmas preparations. In fact, I told E that we wouldn't start decorating the house until then. However, tonight, we went to Carlingwood so that E could see Santa. E was super excited. She could hardly contain herself while waiting in line and was unable to remain still. When the moment came for E to have her time with Santa, she was so excited, she couldn't speak. Santa, the pro that he is, asked E a series of questions that prompted E to nod her head enthusiastically in response. E admitted to me that she did indeed "forget" what she wanted when Santa asked but I assured her that Santa just knows what kids want. She still has her letter to write so I am sure Santa will definitely get it right. ;)

Tonight I made a break with my December 1st rule and we sang Christmas songs in the car. Like I could have prevented it. The visit with Santa was extra wonderful as he was giving each child a Rudolph plush toy. Guess what song we sang over and over again in the car?

No comments: