What a wonderful weekend! E had her Peruvian Dance Christmas party on Friday and we were treated to panetón and chocolatada caliente. What a delight! The cake is a much lighter version of traditional Christmas cake and E won one that I am going to save for our own Christmas dinner. I may vary it a little by adding a little custard to moisten and sweeten it up to my norte taste. E also participated in a gift exchange with the kids and was the recipient of a box of dominos. Instead of playing the actual dominos, all the kids joined in a game of "hide the dominos" and were running all over the hall to hide and seek out the box. All the kids were speaking in english but I was thrilled when I heard G's mom tell her daughter to speak to E in Spanish. They all know how important it is for me to have my daughter assume her language and culture in the activities that directly relate to both.
Saturday was the last day for E's Spanish class and latino soccer. Her International Languages school put on a show that featured Spanish, Punjabi and Romanian classes performing various songs, dances and poetry recitals. Beautiful! Santa made an appearance and there was a fantastic mariachi band too! The potluck buffet afterwards was delicious. Latino fútbol was business as usual with warm ups and drills, then piñatas and a potluck afterwards. The coaches were offering a whack at the piñata for each goal scored. E got 3 whacks. :) The food was great too and I think E reached a sugar high at about 4pm.
We raced home after that and got ready for our latina fiesta con nuestros amigos. Another super fun party with super nice people that I always enjoy seeing. The kids play well together which makes it enjoyable for everyone. E's playdates have become playdates for me too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment