There is a Dollar Store near my work, so yesterday, I stopped in to pick up some stuff for our cupcakes next week. I was hoping to find cupcake holders with hearts on them, but they only had white ones. So I picked up the white ones as my blue and yellow ones are not very Valentines-y. I also picked up some heart candies to put on top of the cupcakes and a couple of little Valentine's Day gifts for E.
E's gifts will include a cute little bear holding a heart. It is so small and super cute, she could put it in her pocket if she felt like it. I also found a heart cushion that says "Je t'aime". As E is now in to all things French, it is very appropriate. She even said to me the other night that her valentines should have been in French as her class is a French class. She is so right. I will be sure to stock up on French valentines the next time I see any. I really have no excuse as I work in la belle province already so it should be pretty easy to come by valentines in E's 3rd language. I love that my daughter is now learning a 3rd language!
When we do her homework, I ask her what the words are in English and in Spanish. She has now mastered a small list of French words and is now starting to read French independently which makes me so proud. Yesterday, Mme L was not in so E had a substitute teacher she knows from JK, Mrs R. E told me that Mrs. R. does not speak French so the kids organized to get their French books and helped Mrs. R. to sign them out. I was so impressed that E and her classmates took that initiative to exchange their homework books. E has read almost 30 since the book exchange began in December and she is hoping to read 100 before the school year is done. I hope she does too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment