Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!


Yesterday morning, E and I attended a Valentine's Day activity at the library where a story was read and a craft was done. Afterwards, E and I borrowed the book that was read and E took delight in sharing the story with her abuelos.

This morning, I gave E her "je t'aime" cushion, a little bear and a pair of Valentine's socks. She was thrilled. Yet another holiday where she gets gifts. It is no wonder that kids have so much enthusiasm with so many "holidays" throughout the year. The only thing that saves me from wanting to be a kid again is that I get to create these magical moments for my daughter's childhood. It is a huge privilege for me and gives me great joy to see her excitement build and enthusiasm grow for each celebration.

Speaking of celebrations, today E enjoyed a fun fiesta. It was such a wonderful afternoon for her and myself too. I am a little tired today (late night, early morning, did I mention the childhood excitement?), so this party served to give E a much more entertaining activity than I could have planned for us. Gracias C! :)

No comments: