This morning, we had a dentist appointment. I always like having the first appointment of the day so our time spent waiting in the lobby is minimal. In fact, today, our wait was about 2 mins. E went off to have her teeth cleaned and examined and I went off to do the same. We both have beautifully polished teeth and that feeling is great. We also learned that E has enamel hypoplasia and will have to return in 3 weeks to have her 6 year old molars sealed. In discussing the hypoplastic molars with the dental hygienist, it appears that unless I could get my hands on a time machine and go back and give R prenatal vitamins and supply E's orphanage with boxes full of children's vitamins, E's destiny was to have hypoplastic molars and eventual orthodontic treatments. It's not the end of the world and I am tremendously grateful to everyone at our dental centre who are taking such great care of E and her teeth. Even though, it is incredibly early to be discussing orthodontics, it is so nice that the staff are looking ahead and planning the best possible treatment for E. Braces are a bit of a bummer (I had them), but they are temporary and deliver fantastic results.
E's appointment to have her molars sealed is in 3 weeks. Her dental hygienist thinks that E could probably just sit still for it since she did so well with the dental cleaning. It will be her first time getting her mouth frozen and sitting still for that long. Should be interesting. And when I say interesting, I really mean, it could be amazing. Our dental centre bribes the kids with their choice of a toy after a procedure so that might be just the ticket to make the whole sitting still thing work.
For anyone intested in learning about enamel hypolasia, here is a great little article on the subject.
No comments:
Post a Comment