Thursday, May 20, 2010

90

E has read 90 books so far in her SK class. I think she just might make it to the 100 mark. Last year, Miss Z, her JK teacher, stopped sending home books at the end of May. So if Mme L follows in that same vein, then E only has one more week of homework. I have asked the teacher to send 2 books at a time so that we can be sure to finish the log book; it goes to 100. E is thrilled that she is almost there.

Yesterday, I ordered 3 of E's Spanish books from Amazon. I also ordered a fun book for my friend T who is hitting a momentous age this year and not feeling too good about it. I ordered:
¿Dónde está la gata Cudly?, Hoppy, el conejito feliz, and Las vacaciones de pollito Chipy for E and The Book of Awesome for T. E has already read the first one, but the 2nd and 3rd will be new for her. They all have the same animal characters that she already knows from other books that were assigned throughout the year. I am looking forward to keeping up her Spanish reading this summer as E will be in Spanish summer camp for most of it so the teachers can correct any mistakes in pronunciation that I teach her when we read them together.

No comments: