In addition to registering E for her summer camps, all our summer plans have firmed up. We will be spending some time in Michigan with our family there and making some side trips here and there (western Quebec and northern New York) various weekends and at the end of August. Life is busy but good.
Last weekend was fun. E's school put on a good show. Her class sang De Colores and it went very well. I filmed it so we can enjoy it over and over again. :) The pan de yuca was a big hit and there was not one of the three dozen left when it was time to go. I enjoyed making them, super easy, especially with my new favourite toy: my food processor. My parents gave me the food processor for Christmas as every fall, I get food processor envy when my mom and my sister break out theirs to chop veggies, etc. in record time. After receiving it, I left it in the box and didn't do anything with it until this past weekend. Now, I have plans for the weekend that also include the food processor.
Sunday, E attended a birthday party for M that was also a lot of fun. It was so nice to see all our latina amigas. I especially love how they speak to E in Spanish in such a fun and friendly way so that she is reminded that even if she doesn't hear Spanish all the time, it is still here and spoken among our friends.
School is winding down. Her Spanish school ends June 5, so the homework books have stopped coming. I have put in a request to the local library to purchase them with the explanation that they are used in my daughter's Spanish school. But in case my purchase request is lost in the myriad of other requests, I may just order them myself. I LOVE the internet!~
No comments:
Post a Comment