Thursday, June 3, 2010

books

Last week, Amazon sent me an email saying that they could not fulfill my order for the Spanish books. At first, I was disappointed but then my dad told me that he had read that Amazon sometimes does that as they depend heavily on outside distributors. Sure enough, an Internet search yielded many sites with Amazon complaints about cancelled orders. Being one that prefers not to dwell on the negative (life's too short to waste on feelings such as disappointment), I moved on to finding another source for E's Spanish books: ebay!

When I first had E, I went on a mad dash for all things Spanish, including books. I have ordered Spanish books from ebay before. However, sometimes the quality wasn't that great or they were just so ridiculously expensive after shipping (books are heavy). Let's just say, it has been awhile since I have gone bidding on books on ebay.

That all changed once I got that email from Amazon. I went on an ebay pilgrimage and found many wonderful Spanish books on auction. I was outbid on countless items, mostly due to those bidders who set up automatic bids to ensure they discourage other potential bidders from competing for the same item so that they can ultimately snag the prize (kinda clever actually). However, there was one lot of Spanish books that I bid on that noone else bid on and I managed to win the auction. Woohoo!

The seller is going to ship them UPS and we are so excited. Hopefully, we will get them this weekend. E is thrilled as she is a huge book lover. I have this rule about no gifts except on her birthday and at Christmas, but books are the exception to this rule. As a result, E has a great many books. We are going to go through her books this weekend and make some room for her new Spanish books by removing some of the excess books she no longer reads.

It should be fun sorting through her books. We always have a great time sorting through E's stuff. Yesterday we had some fun sorting through her toys. Incidentally, my E is amassing quite the little army of Littlest Pet Shop Pets and I have to admit, it is a super cute army!... At first, I thought the idea of encouraging kids to start a collection of toys was shameless consumerism (in case you don't already know, their motto is "How big is your LITTLEST PET SHOP pet collection?"). Actually, it really still is, but they are just so, I know, already said cute, but they are!! And I especially love that they are so small. Big toys take up so much room and need their own space. But these little guys are portable and adoreable. Love them.

No comments: