Sunday, September 5, 2010

what a wonderful week

E and I just got back from a well appreciated holiday. We spent a few days in the USA and then camped in Niagara for a couple of days and finished off the week at the CNE in Toronto. We were incredibly lucky the weather was terrific and everything we did turned out incredibly nice.

It was also nice that L and her kids were able to join us at our campsite in Niagara and we are definitely looking forward to combining our camping trips in the future!.. This was E's first time camping in the great outdoors. She loved it as did I. It has been awhile since I have been camping but all the good times and fun camp activities came easily once we arrived.

The CNE was also pretty amazing. We went on a weekday so it wasn't excessively crowded. E got to do all the rides she wanted to do. She even got to have 2 treats (cotton candy and snow cone) as well as her favourite supper (ribs). Lunch was a little peculiar in a cute way. For about 3 rides before lunch, E kept saying after each ride that for lunch she wanted a "hot dog and a cold drink". I didn't think much of it until she finished her last ride before lunch and again asked if she could have a "hot dog and a cold drink" to which I agreed and then she promptly marched over to a food stand with a giant sign above it that said "hot dogs and cold drinks". She had been seeing that sign while riding on each of the last 3 rides that were closest to the food stand. Well done on the marketing front to that food stand owner. $7.50 later, my E was happily chomping down on a hot dog and gulping a cold lemonade while I marveled at the huge markup on a hot dog and a cold drink in the kiddie section. We were also amazed on a much better level by the Super Dog show, the Mardi Gras parade and the Uruguay Dance Company...all were awesome shows!

While in Toronto, I was checking my email and someone had posted that MIMDES had assigned a 5y7m old child to a Canadian family. Noone has come forward to share that this may be their happy news, so just in case, I have initiated my sponsorship and permanent residency application for my future child; whether or not this child be mine, I need to get that organized in any case.

Wish me luck...it would be nice for this waiting to end..

No comments: