Monday, October 4, 2010

chilly Monday

This morning was a little on the cool side. So much so, that my tomatoes finally got nipped. But at least I can still say that we were eating tomatoes from our garden in October as this was the case on Friday and Saturday.

Last week was a bit of a wash for me as my flu morphed into a cold by mid-week. E also caught a bit of it but wasn't nearly as lethargic as myself. I mustered some strength to go into work on Wednesday but took it easy each of the weeknights that followed. Come Friday, my cold seemed to be waning and I was able to get out that night and help M celebrate her 39th birthday.

Saturday, we had our Spanish classes in the morning and took a trip to Ogdensburg in the afternoon. I had won another batch of Spanish toys off of Ebay. One of the items is Enrique the hippo that recites the alphabet in english if you press one hand and in Spanish when you press the other, super cute! Since E is in charge of giving the toys to her sibling(s) when we go to Peru, I will have an equal number of toys for her. In that vein, she will also get some Spanish toys, such as a Barbie that says all kinds of Spanish words and phrases when you press her back. I also picked up some Dora toys and some boy toys in case I get one of each.

I think I am all set now for Spanish toys and books for Peru. So, if anyone from Peru is reading this, I am ready. :)

No comments: