Monday, September 27, 2010

what a weekend

On Saturday, we had Spanish class in the morning, a birthday party in the afternoon and a wedding in the evening. It was one crazy and amazing day.

P's folks pulled out all the stops on the birthday party and I was so impressed to see a horse being led away from the house when I pulled up to get E. E told me that she got to go on 3 pony rides, jump around all afternoon in their bouncy castle, had 2 helpings of cotton candy, the list of fun went on and on. I was so happy for my little girl to have had such an enjoyable experience at really one of the most elaborate birthday parties she has attended thus far.

Speaking of elaborate parties, S and B also put on one heck of a party for their big day. It was such a delight to see people I know and people I have not seen in over 10 years all come together for such a special wedding. I have a renewed affection for R and B, whom I haven't seen in 12 years, and who told me that I still look exactly the same. LOVE them, even if they are big liars. ;)

All that partying took its toll so by Sunday, both E and I were up early for pancakes, but took to napping for most of the afternoon. Sadly for me, I woke up with a headache that wouldn't go away, partnered with a sore throat, giving me a hint of what was to come. I managed to get E's lunch ready before we each went off to bed last night. I woke up at 5am as one big muscle ache that couldn't get cool. E got off to school just fine and I went back to bed. Let's hope all this rest will make short work of the little bug that got me.

On the upside of today, my RCMP clearance arrived. It was the last thing I was waiting on before sending off my updated documents to my agency. Thanks to my dad for looking after that for me. My whole package is now on its way ExpressPost to the director of my agency and should arrive within 1-2 business days. Even if I am not feeling the best today physically, it really lifted my spirits to have that done.

No comments: