Miracle mornings. I think I have mentioned these before. Normally, they occur on a Monday, but we had one today. Not because E slept in mind you, just because she was super wired and wanted to have this huge long conversation this morning. I felt bad cutting her off with "tell me outside when we are waiting for the bus". Then there was the dawdling. I leave out E's clothes the night before to save us a little time in the morning. Today, E was not thrilled with my shirt and sweater choices (the shirt was a Dora one "Mom you know I'm not into Dora anymore" and the sweater, well it wasn't the Strawberry Shortcake one she wanted to wear).
This morning, little miss E went through 2 wardrobe changes before she was ready to leave the house. She almost missed the bus. Thankfully, B our trusty bus driver was patiently waiting as E dawdled out of the house and onto the bus.
Now E is normally a very enthusiastic child, but her heightened level of excitement stems from Halloween and the 2 pieces of candy she is getting every day after supper. I don't normally give E a lot of sugar as she is already super charged to begin with. Throw some sugar into her bloodstream and she is wired for sound.
So next week, I will be weaning her off of her candy. We will drop down to one piece a day. The week after, one piece every other day and then one piece a week. Now if only I can wean myself off too! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment