Monday, November 8, 2010

marvelous Monday

Today was the opposite of a miracle morning, that which tends to occur mostly on Mondays. So, it deserves a really good adjective, one I don't use very often: marvelous. E and me both had a marvelous morning as we got up before the alarm went off. Sweet! This morning was a breeze, we had time for the morning chat that my little E has taken to having lately. I have to say, I really like 6 year olds. She is so smart and funny and articulate. I hope we will continue to have our little chats in the morning. With that extra hour of sleep we just earned, we should be well rested for the whole week and the chats should be easy to fit into our morning routine.

Last week, E's report card came home. Since she is in grade one, they mostly measure her skills and not any particular subject. All her grades were good, but there was one area where my E is excellent: independence. Not much of a surprise there, she has been an independent soul since the day we met. I had thought it was a product of her environment until I heard from a volunteer at her orphanage that told me stories of my baby E's personality when she wasn't even one year old. Apparently, E's independent streak existed even as an infant and helped her stand out a bit from the other babies in the cuna. So when I saw that E's report card indicated excellent for independence, I had to smile as I see independence as a big part of her personality and I know that this is what has helped her to be as resilient and good-natured as she can be. Lucky for E and lucky for me.

No comments: