Day 9 - gingerbread man self-inking stamp
Day 10 - Cinderella ring
visit to the dentist office this morning - heart shaped silly band
E was thrilled this morning that she had 2 wearable surprises she could bring to school. E's school has a "no toys from home" policy, but so far the silly bands are OK.
Last week, I sent E a video from Magic Santa. We all got a big kick out of it while E watched it over at my folks house. Little did I realize that E has been checking out her video on a daily basis. So much so, when we were over at my sister's the other day, E showed her video to T & J and was lip-syncing all the words that Santa was saying. The video is very well done and E continues to be enthralled by it. If you haven't already stumbled across this, all you need is a picture of yourself and a picture of your child that you can upload along with the answers to the questions on the form Magic Santa has you fill out.
On another Holiday note, last week, E learned all about Hanukkah at school. Again, she was so curious about all the traditions, she asked if we could get a Menorah and a dreidel. I have said to her that we could have a Menorah for next year and I will pick up a dreidel too. But Hanukkah came early this year so we didn't have a chance to fully gear up. When I told the dentist office staff about our Christmas/Hannukah plans, one of them told me that it has become quite common in blended families. Which really makes sense for those families and for us.
Our family has already blended the Canadian traditions with the Latin traditions. It just goes to show that our traditions are not always about what has been given to us but also what we make for ourselves. In that context, I am happy to bring in other traditions so that E and I can learn more about what is important and why to those outside our immediate family.
I love that my child is so open to new ideas. It makes me open too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment