Hello everyone and I hope this day after Christmas finds you relaxed and full of good cheer. Yesterday was a day full of excitement and exhaustion. E insisted on sleeping in the living room so she could get a glimpse of 'ole St. Nick. And she claims she did even though we all reminded her that Santa arrives in a wink and a blink so maybe she just dreamt she saw him.
We had a fun time at T and L's annual Christmas Eve party and got home just a little after 10pm. I was hoping that keeping her up late would allow her to sleep in just a little. No such luck. E was up at 5:45am. Oy vey, was I tired considering I didn't get to sleep until 2am. Luckily, a Christmas nap was had by me while E wiled away the afternoon with all her new toys.
The night before, we had another fun Christmas party with S, N, S & C. It was great to see them and catch up on everyone's news.
All in all, Christmas is what it is: full of family, friends and fun. My heart goes out to all the travellers who were stranded in Europe as I saw some news accounts of how they had to spend their holidays stuck at an airport. I am that much more grateful that our Christmas worked out as well as it did and I hope that the rest of them will get that same belated joy.
Happy holidays everyone! :)
p.s. Day 24 - I ended up giving her the last self-inking stamp. A stocking, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment