Monday, January 17, 2011

is it cold enough?

Today, it is -22, but -29 with the windchill. Eek, I am so lucky the car started this morning. E and I sat in the running car to wait for her schoolbus which was 10 minutes late because it also needed to warm up. Amazingly, my commute was super fast so the time spent waiting for the bus was balanced out by my effortless drive into work.

Last week, I mentioned how I had written notes to the parents of E's LPS beneficiaries. Well, it turns out the school has a "process" for how they handle this sort of thing. The principal was really great and told me that this is so very common and that this issue will be re-addressed in the newsletter next month. I also adore E's grade one teacher who told me that she had already spoken to the children involved. Should this not yield the expected results, she will contact the parents. I just love my daughter's school. They are on top of everything.

As for our weekend, it was pretty good too. Friday night, E had her dance class. It turns out that there will be a recital next week. Very exciting. Saturday, we had our Spanish classes and E had her first piano lesson. That was cool. E's piano teacher is super nice and E can't wait to go back.

Afterwards, E had a playdate with G and A that went really well. Little A reminds me so much of my E when she was that age. I am very glad E still has her Dora toys as it seems A is still a really big fan. Interestingly, a Dora figure is missing from E's bath toys. A year ago, a Dora figure went missing from E's lego toys when we had another Dora fan in our house. It seems 3-4 year olds cannnot help themselves when it comes to little Dora's. I have noticed bags of Dora figures at the second hand stores on occasion, I think it may be time to start picking some up to have as spares. Even though E is out of Dora, her future sibling will probably identify with the little latina character. :)

Sunday, at breakfast, E and I decided that since we didn't have anything planned, we wouldn't go outside. It was just as well, since yesterday it was almost as cold as today. Lucky for us, S called and asked if she could come for a visit. Both E and I were delighted. S is a friend to us both. We all enjoyed hot chocolate and conversation.

This morning, while E and I were waiting for the bus, we both commented on what a great weekend we had. :)

No comments: