Last week, my daughter brought in some of her Christmas toys to school. She tried on the Monday and on the Tuesday, but both days, I took her LPS pets out of her backpack and reminded her that she is not allowed to bring toys from home to school. Well, little did I realize that she would try yet a third time and she succeeded.
Her success was short-lived as I figured out she had taken them to school (they were missing) and when I asked what happened to them, she told me that she gave them away. Even though I understand her excitement in showing her toys to her friends and I can also appreciate her generosity in sharing those toys, she did both without permission. I took away the rest of her LPS toys and told her I will return them once the vanished toys are returned.
So far, the toys have not come home. Today, I have notes for the parents of the 4 children E has admitted giving toys to thus far.
Ordinarily, I would be so pleased to get rid of some toys (we have yet to purge), but in this case, E broke the rules so these are the consequences. Am I a tough mom? Maybe, but if I don't take a stand now when the infractions are small, the infractions could escalate into more serious offences with much wider implications.
No comments:
Post a Comment