Thursday, January 6, 2011

resourcefulness

This week's recycling is paper. E found a cardboard egg carton in our recycling box and asked if she could have it. Sure I said. E promptly took it out, went to get her pencil case and took her markers to decorating the egg carton. When I asked her what she was going to do with it when she was done, she proudly showed me some of her LPS pets that were already nearby and sit inside the egg carton quite well.

So much for all the large playsets she received at Christmas. It looks like kids the world over, and through the generations, must exert their imaginations and employ their creativity to expand their play. Lesson learned: more craft supplies, less plastic. I must admit, this is a lesson I am very happy to learn. I am perenially shocked and dismayed at the amount of plastic that comes in to our house since E joined the fam. It is nice to be reminded that it doesn't have to be this way.

No comments: